Have you got the Right to Buy?
You will not be eligible if
- if the property is not your main home
- if the property is not self-contained (has a shared kitchen or bathroom)
- if there is a court order saying you must leave your home
- if you are an 'undischarged bankrupt' (you cannot borrow money)
- if you are being declared bankrupt
- if you owe money to creditors
- if your home is rented in relation to your employment
If you qualify for Right to Buy, you can get a discount on the market value of your home when you buy it. Your home's market value is the price it would fetch if it was sold.
The discount is based on; how long you have been a tenant, where you live and the type of property you are buying (a flat or a house) .